Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Spring Book Page Banner

Time to dress my ladder again.  I saw this idea at a Creations by Kara and knew I wanted to do something similar.
Instead of Easter eggs on the book pages, I went for 3-D flowers so I can keep this up as long as I want.
Kara provides you with a template for the banner pieces which I used.  For the flowers, I punched 3 pieces from paper.  I folded the first one twice and the second one three times (see below) leaving the third one as is.
 Using glue dots, I attached the three together to form the flower.
 I inked the edges of the banner pieces and also added some of my favorite 'distressing' stamps to age them even more.
I used double sided tape to attached the banners to twine and then used hot glue to add buttons to the flowers and the flowers to the banners.
 I made four banners and attached them to my ladder using clear push pins.

 A fun and easy project that could be adapted for any holiday or season!


14 comments:

  1. You know I love old book pages...fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great, Lauren. Love the vintage feel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these Lauren. Old books and buttons make me smile:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your banner! So cute! I would love for you to share at my Blog Stalking Thursday Link Party!

    http://thecraftyblogstalker.blogspot.com/2012/03/blog-stalking-thursday-33.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it Lauren! I love things made with book pages...they are just so charming! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute, cute, cute :) I always look forward to seeing how you "dress" your ladder...love the hanging books too! Chat soon, Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great idea and cute to boot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lauren,

    I love your sweet looking banner. Such a cute idea!

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  9. CUTE BANNER!! OH and THANK you SO much for the super sweet note you left on my blog about my house numbers!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet banner! I love the extra detail of the flowers too. Great job! Have a lovely week.

    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it! I starting making a banner out of book pages and stopped. I really need to get started on it again. I like the flowers on the pages too. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  12. So lovely! Thanks so much for linking up at I Gotta Create! <3 Christina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and leave your comment!