Tuesday, May 8, 2012

No Birds Allowed

Since I replaced my house numbers with my bucket numbers, I had a blank space on the front of the house next to the porch. 
 This decorative bird cage and wire metal balls were 3.00 total at my local thrift store.  I spray painted everything white and then wired the balls into the cage.  I had these seed packets I wanted to add but this area is exposed to the weather so I needed to make them 'waterproof'.

 So I slipped them into one of these page protectors and sewed around the edges then trimmed them off.  
 The silver dots are scrapbooking embellishments that I attached with E6000 glue so they'll stay put.
 No more blank wall!
 

13 comments:

  1. It is so cute in white!!! But why no birds allowed? Not even a little feather one?? :) The colorful seed packets add a nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea, love how you filled the cage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely idea! Very sweet :)
    Greetings from Australia♥
    ~Pernilla

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't you clever! Good idea to cover those seed packets, but you never know then they might decided to sprout anyway:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lauren,

    Very cute idea! The seed packets are just darling with the cage.

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea, the seed packets are really cute and so smart to cover them with plastic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea! I love that you SEWED those seed packets into their "covers"...I'm going to have to borrow this idea the next time that I want to use paper ephemera outside! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. How sweet to give guest something beautiful to tempt their eyes while they wait at the door! I love the seed packets; such an original idea.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  9. how clever...and SO sweet! I'm also loving your window transformation in the post below!! well done! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute Lauren! You are so creative! Lucky you that you were able to find Lipton instant tea so easily! That's awesome! I had such a hard time finding it that I even hesitated sharing the recipe! Happy Mother's Day Lauren! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lauren, your bird cage is adorable, I always forget that you can sew paper and plastic...genius!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is such a great idea, lauren! darling birdcage!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lauren what a great piece! Thanx for sharing with us at THT! Love your new background too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and leave your comment!