Thursday, January 18, 2018

Cinnamon Roll French Toast Muffins

Today is my sweet husband's birthday so to start off his day, I made him a festive, fun breakfast that included these muffins.  The original recipe can be found HERE at Deliciously Sprinkled. I made a few modifications so I'll give you the recipe below.
The recipe calls for two cans of "Grands" Cinnamon Rolls or three cans of regular.  I don't know what's up (maybe all of this cold weather??) but twice now my grocery store has been sold out of the large rolls so I got three cans of the regular size.  Remove the icing packets and set those aside. I cut each roll into four pieces (To save time I just stacked 3-4 on top of each other and cut them all at once).  They separate on their own when you put them in the 'egg bath' and toss them around.
Here they are ready to go into the oven.  I topped them with star and teddy bear sprinkles but wouldn't these be fun for holidays topped with Christmas or Valentine or Easter sprinkles??  Be sure to grease your muffin tin WELL.  I REALLY greased mine and they still stuck a little bit.
20 minutes in a 375 degree oven and they were big and puffy!  Let them cool a bit before icing.
YUM!!! These were so tasty!  
Once you heat the icing for a few seconds in the microwave, drizzle the muffins with it and add a few more sprinkles (I mean, can you EVER have too many sprinkles??)
Combined with a spinach and cheese omelet, a special 'banana split' (recipe for that coming next!) and a few candles and it's Happy Birthday Hubby!  

Cinnamon Roll French Toast Muffins

2 package of Grands Cinnamon Rolls OR 3 packages of regular cinnamon rolls
2 eggs
1/4 c milk/almond milk/cream (I used Almond Milk just because that's what I had)
1 t vanilla
Sprinkles

Combine milk, eggs and vanilla in a bowl.
Cut cinnamon rolls into 4 pieces if using regular size and 8 pieces of using the Grands. 
Toss cinnamon roll pieces in egg mixture and place in heavily greased muffin tin.  Fill tins over the top with the roll pieces.
Drizzle any extra egg mixture over top.
Bake 20 minutes at 375 degrees.
Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
Heat icing packets in microwave for 5-10 seconds and drizzle icing over top of muffins.  
Top with additional sprinkles

Enjoy!

On any given week (depending on how busy I am!) I love to participate in Link Parties.  These gals put a lot of time and effort into hosting these parties so I always want to show my appreciation by directing my readers to these blogs. 

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Saturday




17 comments:

  1. Okay, I just came from another friend's blog where she shared some cookie bars and now I'm seeing these yummy muffins...I CAN'T TAKE IT! I am drooling over here - HA! Wish I could stop in for a little visit. Hugs to you, dear one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your dear husband, Lauren. These cinnamon roll muffins look amazing. I've never heard of it before. You made a nice breakfast for his special day. I just made French toast the other day, and when I make it, I put a good amount of butter and sprinkle with powdered sugar. One of my favorite things to eat. : ) I hope his day is filled with all the things he loves.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another person who shares my birthday month! Happy Birthday to your hubby! I'm sure he enjoyed the delicious birthday breakfast that you prepared for him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look so yummy and I may have to make these for my Gran girls. They would love them, especially with the sprinkles. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lauren, What a fun recipe. I immediately thought of bj from Sweet Nothings. I am going to send her a little link to this so she doesn't miss it. These sound really GOOD!!!
    Have a good weekend. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anything cinnamon roll gets my attention! Sounds SO good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dear me, Lauren, your hubby is a lucky guy! Happy Birthday to him! The cinnamon roll muffins sound fabulous. My grands would love them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMYGOSH...Nana Diana sent me here as she knows I ADORE semi homemade, especially a breakfast treat. These look and sound sooo gooood. Can't wait to try them. Thanks so much for the recipe and when I make them, I'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH....OH MY....OH MY GOSH...that looks amazing. Nothing better than cinnamon on bread. Two of my fav thing. Gotta give that a try. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam you are so funny! They were good - let me know if you try them!

      Delete
  10. Oh, my word! I can't wait to try these for my husband and son! My hubby's birthday is coming up soon, so he would love these, I know. :) Happy Belated Birthday to your hubby, and may God bless the two of you with many more happy birthdays together!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Late happy birthday to your hubby! NO, you can NEVER have too many sprinkles! Love your enthusiasm, it is contagious! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ok, I'm drooling! YumYumYum! I am very sure your husband really enjoyed it! You are so thoughtful and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This recipe is so easy and looks delicious! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my...those do look to die for! This is very similar to the French toast breakfast casserole I made a couple of Christmases ago. I bet your hubby enjoyed them...I know mine would have! :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. My granddaughter is a French Toast fanatic and she is going to love these!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and leave your comment!